Who else brings out all the fall décor once the first cold front of the season arrives? I do and I’m sure I’m not alone. Nothings says fall than neutral colors being a part of the color scheme of the decorations. There is something about neutral colors that just brings a sense of coziness to your home or office whether it be fall or all year round. Fall Décor can be costly, try this DIY for a cost saving neutral décor that you can sport year round.
In this blog, I will be going over a DIY tutorial of bringing a plain glass vase to life by giving it a terra cotta look with less than 3 dollars. Some of these items you may already have at home.
- Clear Glass Vase
- Paint Brush
- 3 tbsp - Apple Barrel Matte Acrylic Paint: Chestnut
- 2 tbsp - Apple Barrel Matte Acrylic Paint: Snow White
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- Mix both acrylic paints together with a spoon on a plate or bowl followed by the baking soda.
- Mix until dissolved. You can flip the paint measurements if you would like a lighter color. Tip: Avoid using your paint brush to mix the baking soda in with the paint because the baking soda will become stuck in the bristles.
- Grab your vase and begin painting your vase from bottom to top with your paint mixture in a horizontal direction to help give it that terra cotta look.
- Continue painting until you reach the top and making sure the vase is completely covered. Tip: Once you are reaching the top, stick your hand into the neck of the vase and expand your fingers for a tighter grip. This will make it easier when painting the top of the vase. When you need to paint the other side, just place the vase down and repeat the placing hand in vase tip.
- Painting the top portion of the vase on the inside is optional if you do not plan on placing floral décor on the inside, but once you are finished painting, allow the paint to dry. If you like to apply a second coat, you are more than welcome to do that, but with 1 coat, it already looks great!
That is it! You have a beautiful neutral terra pot vase! I made it myself and I absolutely am in love with it. Best part is re-purposing my vases and clearing up the space I was storing them in. I’ve attached a photo of how my vase turned out.
I hope you all can enjoy this DIY because I sure did! It was very simple and didn’t take up much time at all.
Happy Fall Y’all!